Saturday, July 23, 2011

SO.EXCITED.!!!

It was just announced that Emma Watson will be playing Belle in a new dark remake of Beauty and the Beast!!!!!! I am so incredibly excited - if you cannot already tell - for it is my two favorite things in one, Disney and Harry Potter! It's so funny because for my 6th grade summer reading, instead of choosing one book I had chosen three books that I read, and one of them was a book called "Beauty", a dark retelling of Beauty and the Beast that I was so enthralled and in love with! And of course as everyone knows I have been obsessed with Harry Potter since I was seven years old, and now two beloved books from my childhood are kind of coming together, with Emma (Hermione) playing Belle! Belle fits Emma perfectly - a beautiful girl, but practical and very smart -which is Emma's personality to a tee. I looked it up and the director of the Lord of the Rings movies will be the director of this movie, which is incredible! This means that it will be whimsical and realistic (and completely awesome) and not another dumb teen movie like every other remake of disney movies. I read that this movie will be much darker and different than the Disney version but I know it will be great. I absolutely cannot waiiit!
It is hilarious because my friend had sent me this the other day (way before Emma's new movie was announced) because of my obsessions with Harry Potter and The Little Mermaid and how amazing, funny and perfect it is that whoever had made this put Harry and Ariel (in other words, Harry and I, hehe) together. And now looking back on it they had put Hermione and Ron as Beauty and the Beast! Even all of the characters of both films match up, so crazy <33

No comments:

Post a Comment